Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Few Firsts....

As the title says, it is a few new firsts for me.
I've never "blogged" (is that even a word?) before and I'm new to the world of renovating a house.

We bought a fixer upper back in November and gained possession of it February 4th. Its a big change for us as our previous house was brand new. As much as I loved having that new home feel we decided to compromise on this house as Scotty wanted a big backyard, for his future skating rink, and unfortunately you can't get that with the new homes in Milton. So we agreed to buy an older home, but rip everything out so it would be new! Pretty good compromise eh!


Here are some photo's of the house that was taken off MLS.



This is the front of the house... not exactly my dream home. The outside of the house was actually what gave me hesitation over buying it. Once we bought it I kept telling everyone that we had bought an "ugly old house"... until my husband got mad at me!
We do have future plans to make it pretty.
We are going to build a little roof piece that would come out of over the garage and front entryway to give it more definition (can you tell i'm new to the world of renovations with my crappy terminology? haha). Then we also want to get rid of the siding in favour of stucco.


And here is the backyard that we fell in love with! It actually backs on to a road, but I figure at least we know what we are getting in to with a road, with neighbours you never know!
The deck is huge, it wraps around the whole one side of the house. We can't wait for the summer so we can have friends and family over for BBQ and drinks. I can just taste those "lime-aid margarita's now!"

I'll save the interior pictures for later.
I can't believe all the changes that have already happened, but boy, we sure do have a long way to go and the money is already quickly going!
I sure hope the old owners left us a money tree in that backyard!!!
Jaime


No comments:

Post a Comment